After the chaos of Christmas when you have perhaps overdone it with the rich food and the booze (whoops!) January is often the time when you think about getting back on track. Below are some helpful hints and tips to help the transition back into your ‘normal’ routine:
- Hydrate – when the weather outside is frightful, water consumption can go down. Make sure you try to drink around 2L of water every day. Herbal teas without caffeine count. Give your system a chance to recover from all the alcohol.
- Get out into nature – get your wellies on and shake down your lunch. Nothing like a bit of fresh air to blow away the cobwebs and get your steps up.
- Eat less meat in the week – we usually overdose on meat over Christmas, so try preparing a vegan or veggie dish a few times a week for dinner or lunch to give your digestive tract a bit of a break from such hard work.
- Have the right food around you – finish up all of the Christmas food as soon as possible in the new year and re-stock with fresh veggies and healthy snacks. The chocolate needs to be kindly donated to the neighbours!
- Download the Live Happy App 😊 (available on the App Store and Google Play). Hundreds of healthy, easy and yummy recipes to choose from, all able to be prepared and cooked within 30 minutes.