Eventually Spring has sprung! After a long winter, the country is finally coming alive with flowers blooming, temperatures starting to rise, and nature awakening from its slumber. There’s no better time to get your walking shoes on and explore some of the best destinations the UK has to offer. Here are some of the top places, in my opinion, to visit this spring:
1. London: London is always a great place to visit any time of the year, but it’s especially beautiful in the spring. The parks come to life with colorful flowers and trees, and the temperatures are mild enough to enjoy outdoor activities. Some of the must-visit places include the beautiful Hyde Park, Kew Gardens, and the iconic Tower of London.
2. Bath: I am a bit bias, I went to Uni here but this beautiful city in Somerset boasts some of the best-preserved Roman baths in the world, which are a must-visit attraction. During the spring, the city is filled with beautiful blooming flowers and has a lively atmosphere with street performers and local markets. Be sure to visit the beautiful Georgian architecture and the picturesque River Avon.
3. Edinburgh: Scotland’s capital is a beautiful city that is worth a visit at any time of the year. During the spring, the city’s gardens and parks come to life with beautiful blooms, and the historic castle and palace are must-see attractions. Take a stroll down the Royal Mile, which is a mile-long street with plenty of shops, restaurants, and historic sites.
4. Lake District: This stunning national park in Northwest England is a nature lover’s paradise. With over 16 lakes and countless walking trails, the Lake District is the perfect destination for hikers, bikers, and anyone that loves the great outdoors. During the spring, the park is filled with beautiful wildflowers and wildlife, making for an even more magical experience.
5. Cotswolds: The Cotswolds is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is located in south-central England. The quaint villages and beautiful countryside make this a perfect springtime destination. Take a stroll through the beautiful gardens and parks, and be sure to visit some of the area’s historic sites, like the Roman Baths or the charming town of Cirencester.
6. York: York is a charming city in northeastern England that is rich in history and culture. Take a stroll through the winding streets and alleyways, or visit the famous York Minster, one of the largest cathedrals in Europe. During the spring, the city’s beautiful parks and gardens come alive with colorful blooms, making for a beautiful backdrop for a day out.
7. New Forest: The New Forest is a beautiful national park located in Hampshire, southern England. With over 200 square miles of woodland, heathland, and coastline, it’s a paradise for nature lovers. Take a leisurely walk or bike ride through the many trails or spend a day exploring the charming villages and towns that dot the area. We are actually going there this weekend!
In conclusion, these are just some of the top destinations to visit this spring in the UK. Whether you are looking for a city break or a countryside escape, these UK destinations have something to offer for every traveler. You will definitely get your step count up exploring this list!